Olusola Olowoyeye brings almost 2 decades of financial services industry experience gained from diverse industries in the Country.
He graduated from the University of Lagos where he obtained an M.sc in Finance as well as a degree in Insurance.
He is a seasoned Chartered Accountant and a dynamic professional.
Sola’s work experience has exposed him to various financial institutions, the oil and gas industry, Consulting and areas of financial management and control, project finance and management, risk analysis and management, corporate governance consulting, financial analysis and various financial products .
Sola currently handles financial Risk Management and has rolled out risk management framework for financial services organisation as well as developed a corporate governance framework for financial institutions in sub-Sahara Africa, which has been implemented enterprise-wide by most firms. He has worked with various institutions including KPMG (Audit & Risk Advisory) , BGL Plc, Kedari Capital Limited, Sahara Energy Resource Limited & Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc (Finance & Investment).
He is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) , Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) and the acclaimed Institute of Internal Auditors (USA)
He is an alumnus of International Academy of Business and Financial Management (CRATM) and a member of Lagos Country Club.
- Project Manager – ERM Framework Design and implementation for ADIC Insurance(NSIA Insurance)
- Project Manager – Business Process Review (including SOP documentation) –Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc
- Project Manager -Development and Implementation of Market Risk measurement policy, Investment limits –Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc
- Project Manager – RCSA Template Design and Implementation for Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc
- Project Manager – ERM Framework Design for Law Union & Rock Insurance Plc
- Project Manager – AML/CFT Framework Design & Risk Assessment for First Atlantic Bank Ghana
- Assistant Team Lead – Corporate Governance Framework Design for First Bank Plc
- Project Manager/ Trainer – Operational Risk Training for Risk Management Team of Access Bank Plc
- Assistant Team Lead – Business Risk Management Framework for African Petroleum Plc(Forte Oil)
Education & Training
- M.Sc. 2010 Master of Science in Finance, University Of Lagos
- B.Sc. 2004 Bachelor of Science in Insurance, University of Lagos, Nigeria
Education & Training
- Non- Executive Director LIB Insurance Brokers Limited
- Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer Betaplus
- Executive Director Arkounting Professional Services Limited
- Head Risk Management & Consulting Kedari Consulting Limited
- Chief Operating Officer (COO) Kedari Securities Limited
- Head, Business Risk Management BGL Plc
- Business Associates KPMG Professional Services
- Senior Internal Auditor Group Audit Division - Sahara Energy Limited
- Finance Supervisor Finance & Investment Division - Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc
- Audit Analyst University of Calabar
Achieving the Impossible…
Achieving the impossible and pushing yourself to solve big problems that impact multiple industries will help keep you motivated during the ups and downs that almost all startups face. The most finite resource we have on this planet is time–so achieve the impossible. This philosophy has driven me more than anything else as a professional for almost 2 decades. Going big means thinking at a large scale. Are you spending your precious time on something that is truly worthwhile? Is the world a better place for having you and your work a part of it?
Thinking big is what kept me motivated during the long nights and lean times when finding investors had proved challenging.
Great minds think alike and understanding people don’t stand still.
Can do spirit | Passion | Trail Blazer | Integrity